With Valora, you can connect your Valora Account Address to your phone number so anyone can easily send your Celo digital assets by selecting your name from their list of contacts (instead of typing in your Account Address). To start sending to your friends and family, simply send them an invite to download Valora. Keep reading to learn how to:
- Send an invite with funds
- Reclaim funds sent in an invite
How to send an invite with funds
Sending an invite that has some funds can be a great way to encourage your friends and family to start using Valora. Before you can do this, however, you'll need to make sure that you have:
- Funds in your Valora account. You can send either cEUR, cUSD, or cREAL.
- Successfully connected your phone number.
- Synced your phone's contact list in Valora.
If you've done the above three things then you are ready to begin:
- Tap Send on your home screen.
- Select the person's phone number from your list of contacts OR input their number directly. If typing a number from a country different than your own, you need to include the country code (after a "+" sign).
- Enter the amount you want to send and tap Review.
If you have multiple digital assets, you can change it by tapping on your available balance at the top of the screen.
- Optional: Add a comment.
- Confirm all the details are correct and tap Send & Invite.
- Enter your PIN. Please note that after you enter your PIN the transaction will immediately be sent to an escrow account. The escrow account will hold your funds until claimed by your contact or until you reclaim it. You will see this transaction* appear in your activity feed.
- Finally, send your contact a message to download Valora through your messaging app. If you accidentally tap out of this option you can always send another message through the Invite menu item (see instructions in "How to send an invite").
*Please note that the Account Address shown in the transaction is for the escrow account and NOT the Account Address for your contact you just invited.
How to reclaim funds sent in an invite
You may want to reclaim the funds you've sent in an invite. As long as the recipient has not claimed the funds by connecting their phone number in Valora, you will have this option available in Valora starting one hour after sending the invite.
- One hour after sending an invite with funds, locate the Reclaim notification card at the top of your home screen. Tap on Reclaim.
- You may have more than one invite available to be reclaimed, so review the information before proceeding. Tap Confirm when you are ready.
- Enter your PIN. That's it! Shortly after, you'll see a new transaction in your activity feed showing that you've received your funds.
If you do not see the option to reclaim an invite that means they have been claimed by your contact.
You will need ~0.01 cUSD to pay the transaction fee to reclaim your funds.