Connecting your phone number is usually completed when you create or restore an account. If you did not connect your phone number to Valora when you created your account, you can easily do so from the Settings menu:
- Go to Menu > Settings.
- Tap on Connect phone number.
- Select your country and enter your phone number. Then tap Start.
- Valora triggers 3 SMS to be sent to your phone number, each with an 8-digit code.* Please keep Valora open until you have received all 3 SMS. Switching apps or backgrounding Valora may interrupt this process.
- If you fail to receive any or all of the 3 SMS within the 2-minute time period, you can retry the process. Just tap Resend at the bottom of the screen.
* Valora uses a decentralized process whereby three validators on the Celo network get pinged randomly to respond with an SMS. When you verify the codes sent in the SMS by entering them in Valora, your phone number is mapped to your Valora Account Address. Now, your phone number acts as an alias for your Valora Account Address. This means that anytime another Valora user sends funds to your phone number, your Valora account receives the funds.